I recently took the Sitecore 9.0 Certified Platform Associate Developer exam online and passed with an overall score of 88%.
Here are the steps I have taken to become certified:
- Took the Developer’s Fundamental Collection online. You can also do it through Instructor-Led or Virtual Classroom options – https://learning.sitecore.com/#homepage-learning-solutions
- Went through all the modules and lab exercises. When I completed the fifth module, I received an access key in the email to book the exam.
- You can book the exam in-person in the center or online. I chose online and booked the exam via https://www.webassessor.com/sitecore/index.html
- This is a proctor guided exam, no book allowed. Also, the exam software Senitel says you should have an external web camera. It worked with the in-built camera on my work computer. So don’t worry about the external camera.
- The exam has 50 questions and 90 minutes to complete. You can review the answers as many times as you want. I completed the exam in 30 minutes and review the answers in the next 30 minutes and I still have 30 more minutes left!
- Overall I got a 88% score. Here is my Topic level scoring:
Creating and Editing Items: 100%
Development Environment: 75%
Docs and Support: 100%
Field Types: 83%
Modules and Packages: 100%
- Once you complete you exam, you will receive an email from test center with score and certification pdf file. Good luck!
- Sitecore Professional Developer – This examination is for Version 8.2
- Sitecore Certified Platform Associate Developer – This is for Version 9.0