I’m participating in Sitecore Hackathon 2020 for the second time. One of the requirement is to have sitecore 9.3 installed on your machine except for commerce . I want to share my experience how i quickly installed Sitecore 9.3 using SIA(Sitecore Install Assistant) in 20 minutes!
Note: No need install any prerequisites(includes Solr) manually, SIA will take care of it.
- Download installation package (Graphical setup package XP Single) from here.
- Extract the file zip file downloaded and click on Setup.exe
- Install the prerequisites if needed.
- Install Solr 811 by filling Port, Windows service path prefix and Install path and Install.
Note: Make sure the port number is different from earlier versions of Solr installed.
- Fill out site prefix, admin password(going with b, so easy to remember) and license file path.
- Fill out SQL server instance name, admin username and password.
- Fill out the Solr URL, System root and Windows service name
Note: Go to Solr URL to make sure it’s running successfully.
- Select optional module SXA if you need. I’m going for it, time to explore SXA! Would be nice if Horizon is listed here.
- Review the summary to make sure the settings are correct.
- SIA validates to make sure the files look good.
- Install. This takes around 10 minutes (you can get a coffee!). If it errors out, check out the log.
Yayy!! It’s installed. Is it easy to install with SIA? It’s indeed a great tool!
Check out the release notes for what’s new in Sitecore 9.3 here